Monday, November 15, 2010

Tabaski: Avant

Hi All.

I know it's hard to believe- after just one class at university I'm already on my first week vacation, but the rumors are true: I'm working hard (or hardly working) at being a chill senegalese.

Travel from campus to Dakar was easier said than done. What should have been a 4-5 hour ride turned into 9 hours due to horrendous traffic jams. The influx of people visiting family in Dakar for Tabaski is worsened by the fact that there is only one way in and one way out of this peninsula. After roasting in that oven of a bus for 5 hours we acheter'd some bag waters and I plugged back into my ipod in an attempt to conk out. Partially successful since I napped for about the first three hours, but that still left me the last of the 9 hours fully alert and hotter than camel's hump in the desert.

Strange sight: HUNDREDS UPON THOUSANDS of sheep. I'll explain later.


Now back I'm back in Dakar and preppin' for Tabaski. Moutons ahoy! Pictures of my super fly bubu to follow after its premier. Get excited folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment